The Women’s March was amazing and inspiring with as many as 4.7 million people participating across the 50 states. There are so many reasons to resist the incoming president. Climate change is a big one.
Trump has promised to expand oil and gas drilling, kill the Clean Power Plan, and roll back some of our most fundamental environmental protections. It’s up to us to show Trump that we are ready to resist rolling back the progress we’ve made and save our children and future generations from climate disaster. Trump has already launched attacks on the important progress the Obama administration made on climate change with his nominees from the oil industry. Keep resisting and let the President know you stand for the environment and fighting climate change!
Contact the White House and send Trump the following message. (Feel free to edit it as you see fit.)
Dear Mr. President,
Climate change is real! 2016 was the hottest year in recorded history. 97% of climate scientists agree that human activity and specifically burning fossil fuels is the primary cause.
In the United States, we had record droughts in California and the southeastern part of the US that led to terrible wildfires. There have been awful floods in Maryland, West Virginia, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Iowa. Outside the US, a heat wave in the Arctic led to the lowest wintertime ice ever recorded there. Hurricanes are getting stronger because of climate change. 2016 saw the strongest storms ever in two regions and seven Category 5 storms, which is a huge number.
Please, for the future of our children and grandchildren:
– Withdraw Pruitt as nominee for Head of the EPA and nominate someone that will protect our health and environment,
– Keep the United States in the Paris climate agreement,
– Maintain the Clean Power Plan – the most important step our country has taken to address climate change,
– Oppose the dangerous Keystone XL pipeline and Dakota Access Pipeline,
– Don’t expand oil and gas drilling, fracking, and coal mining across our public lands and offshore waters – sacrificing our cherished wild lands and wildlife for more climate-wrecking fossil fuels,
– Invest in renewable energy and electric vehicles – the real future of industry and energy,
– Allow scientists in the EPA to continue to educate Americans with real science.
You can reach him at: https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact
Even better, you can call the White House directly at: (202) 456-1111
Let’s keep the phone ringing at the White House, and let Trump know that we won’t stand for leadership that denies the results of science!