Big Reuse Marketing Intern
The Big Reuse Intern is primarily responsible for helping to build out the Big Reuse Google Ads Grant account, monitoring and improving marketing metrics. The intern will also contribute to any outreach campaigns including flyer design and distribution, developing press, donor, supporter and other contact lists. The intern may also be asked to prepare documents and flyers in the Adobe graphics suite.
Candidates need to be tech savvy, familiar with Adobe suite and ideally have basic graphics capabilities.
- Outreach Associate staff will work 6 hours/week to expand public awareness of the Big Reuse Donation Center/Store. Position would run until the end of June 2019 with a possibility of extending beyond that.
- Work weeks vary but are typically Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.
- Maintain and develop the Google Ads Account.
- Maintain the Google Business account.
- Contribute to design, production and distribution of print marketing campaigns.
- Assist in maintaining online listings.
- Provide outreach to local stores for marketing materials.
- Ideal candidates will be interested in marketing, advertising, public outreach.
- Enthusiastic about reuse, and keeping usable homegoods, appliances, furniture and C&D materials out of landfill.
- Experience with a wide range of computer applications (Excel, MS Word, Outlook, +)
- Ability to commute to Gowanus, Brooklyn and willingness to work in a warehouse environment.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree (Preferably in Environmental Science, Marketing or another related field)
This is an unpaid position.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
- Send resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing Intern” followed by your first and last name in the subject line of the email.
- No phone calls please.