Reuse & Sales Associate Job Description
Big Reuse (www.bigreuse.org) is a non-profit organization supporting community based environmental initiatives. Through reuse, green job training, community composting, and environmental outreach – Big Reuse fights climate change with zero waste initiatives.
Our Reuse Center take in donations of furniture, home goods, clothing, appliances, plumbing, lighting fixtures, doors & windows, kitchen cabinet sets, reclaimed lumber, and much, much more.
This is for a full time position at our Brooklyn reuse center – 1 12th Street, Brooklyn, NY. Offering the opportunity to work with a great team committed to protecting the environment and diverting waste from landfills.
- Full time (40 hours per wk): 8 hour shifts, scheduled 5 days per week, 10 am-6pm, will include a weekend shift.
- Provide excellent customer service and sales.
- Accept and move donations of building materials, homegoods, clothing and furniture.
- Make sales.
- Assist with processing and pricing donations.
- Move, organize, and merchandise inventory.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, aisles, storage areas, and equipment neat and in proper working order.
- Work reliably and effectively, both independently and as part of team of staff, interns, and volunteers.
- Lead teams of work trainees and volunteers.
- Attend weekly reuse center meetings and quarterly all-staff meetings.
- Passion about the environment.
- High energy and even-keeled positive attitude.
- Good communicator.
- Work a regular weekend shift.
- Great customer service – retail/sales experience preferred.
- Ability to come in early, stay late on occasion and always be on time.
- Position requires lifting (up to 50 lbs.) on a regular basis. Individual must have ability to perform intense and repetitive physical work including bending, lifting & moving material, standing, walking.
- Computer literate – Windows. Able to research donated items for pricing.
- Open to input and feedback, takes direction well.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or work training groups
- Knowledge of construction and building materials.
People of color, people with disabilities, veterans and LGBTQ candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Big Reuse is committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities. Big Reuse is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions, in accordance with state and federal law
$15-16 per hour
Paid time off
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Attach your resume to your email, and email to email@example.com
2. Put your cover letter in the body of your email describing your specific qualifications and your environmental passion.
Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.