Curbside composting has finally arrived in Brooklyn! You can confirm your collection days here.
Here are some composting reminders:
- The brown bin order form closes TODAY, October 13th. You can find the form here. This will be your only guaranteed window to get a free bin, so order it now if you have not already!
- If you miss this window or find you need additional space for food scraps, you can always place a decal on your own bin that has a secure lid and is under 55 gallons. You can order the decals here.
- Composting leaf and yard waste is also now mandated for Brooklyn residents.
- Yard waste can be mixed with food scraps in your brown bin, placed in a separate labeled bin, or placed in clear plastic or brown paper bags on your recycling day.
- Food scraps must go in a DSNY Brown Bin or your own labeled bin.